Overworld: Light level of 7 or less.
Wraiths are flying ghost-like hostile mobs.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Wraiths can be found in the Overworld almost anywhere in light levels of 7 or less.
Flame wraiths can spawn almost anywhere in the Nether at any light level.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Wraiths wander or fly around aimlessly at night, making ghostly moaning sounds. A wraith will target the player within 12–16 blocks, and attacks by touching the player. Like zombies, wraiths have an attack animation when hitting the player. If a flame wraith touches the player, they will be set on fire for at least 15 seconds.
Like other "undead" mobs, wraiths will take damage and die in sunlight, but they don't get set on fire. They are also translucent, which makes it somewhat difficult to be able to see them in caves, as they blend in with the stone surroundings if they are in caves or other dark places.
History[edit | edit source]
v8.0.0 DEVa[edit | edit source]
- Wraiths no longer collide with entities. Added attack animation.
v6.0.0 DEV R5[edit | edit source]
- Fixed wraiths not moving.
v4.2.3[edit | edit source]
- Flame wraiths won't burn the player in the Nether.
v3.1.0[edit | edit source]
- Wraiths are now slightly translucent.
v2.8.1[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug where wraiths had big heads.
v2.3[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug with flame wraiths drops.
- Fixed bug with wraiths surviving daylight.
v1.6.5[edit | edit source]
- Flame wraiths will only spawn on Hard difficulty. They will also spawn in the Nether.
v1.6.2[edit | edit source]
- Minor nerf to wraiths.
v1.3[edit | edit source]
- Added wraiths.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Flame wraiths cannot set the player on fire in the Nether.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern