Opaque blocks with at least two block space above them.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Foxes spawn on grass blocks at light levels of 9 or more with at least two block space above, and Arctic foxes spawn in snow biomes. They often spawn in groups of 4 during world generation. Cubs may also spawn with adults.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Foxes come in three different colors: red-orange, light orange, and white.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Foxes are neutral, and will attack the player if provoked, or any mob that attacks them. They give chase and hunt down insects, kitties, birds or any other mob smaller than them. Foxes make high pitched squeaks when hurt or killed. Fox cubs are passive, and will flee from players and follow adult foxes. It takes at least one full Minecraft 'day' or more for fox cubs to mature. The appearance of cubs is roughly similar to that of an adult fox, having the same sized heads and bodies. Fox cubs will stay around their parents until they mature, although the parents do not protect the cub(s) from harm.
Larger mobs will occasionally target and attack foxes. In turn, the fox may fight back and fight the other mob.
Taming[edit | edit source]
A fox can be tamed by feeding it raw turkey. Once tamed, foxes will not attack the player. Tamed foxes can also be healed with raw turkey. Cubs can also be tamed, and tame cubs will not flee from you and will not attack if provoked. A tamed fox can also be leashed.
History[edit | edit source]
v8.0.0 DEVa[edit | edit source]
- Foxes now spawn cubs that follow adults and flee from players.
v4.4.0[edit | edit source]
- Foxes can be tamed with raw turkey and healed with raw rat.
- Rope can be used on tamed foxes.
v4.2.0[edit | edit source]
- Added snow foxes that spawn on cold biomes.
3.2.0[edit | edit source]
- Foxes no longer spawn within 8 blocks of torches.
v2.5.1[edit | edit source]
- Updated to latest version of foxes (1.5).
v2.5[edit | edit source]
- Decreased loudness of foxes.
- Foxes now drop leather.
- Fixed bug with foxes spawning rate.
v2.3[edit | edit source]
- Added foxes.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike red foxes, Arctic fox cubs share the same coat color as their parents.
- The sounds that foxes make are similar to that of squeaky toys or of small birds, despite being actual fox sounds.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern