Water, spawning block must be between level 46 (inclusive) and sea level.
Raw Fish (0–2)
Fishies are common passive mobs found in water.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Fishies spawn in rivers, oceans and lakes in almost any biome.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Fishies come in 11 different colors: blue, regal blue, orange-white stripe, light blue, green-yellow, green, purple, yellow, orange-blue stripe, black-white, and red.
Drops[edit | edit source]
When killed, fishies will drop:
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Fishies are always passive towards the player, much like other passive water mobs.
They swim around aimlessly, swimming up and down through each layer of water and avoiding players and other mobs.
Fishies will swim towards any fishing rod hook that is in water. They can be reeled in this way.
Fishies suffocate if they are beached on land for too long. While on land, they do not move, and stay stationary until they suffocate. They can take fall damage and burn like any land mob, but they cannot drown.
Taming[edit | edit source]
Fishies can be tamed by using a fish net on it and then releasing it. After being released from the net, the naming screen will appear and it will be tamed to the player as soon as it is named.
Fish bowls[edit | edit source]
Prior to v8.0.1, fishies could be caught with the use of a fish bowl. They would swim in endless circles when in the bowl.
History[edit | edit source]
v6.2.0 DEV[edit | edit source]
- Fixed fish eggs not hatching when placed in water.
- Fixed fish dupe with fish bowls.
- Fixed red fish eggs appearing as 'item.mocegg.9.name'.
v4.3.1[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug with fishy eggs not hatching.
v3.6.1[edit | edit source]
- Fixed tamed fish despawning.
v3.5.1[edit | edit source]
- Fish will drop eggs that will spawn lil' fish of the same color. Fish spawned that way are tamed.
v3.0.1[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug with fish egg cloning.
v2.12[edit | edit source]
- Lil' fish are no longer cannibal.s
v2.9.4[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug with fish despawning.
- Fixed bug with fish eggs not spawning.
v2.9.2[edit | edit source]
- Fixed fish despawning bug.
v2.9[edit | edit source]
- Added 10 different small fish, including aggressive piranhas.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fishies were previously called "lil' fish".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern