Height: 0.7 blocks
Solid surfaced blocks with a minimum of two block spaces above them.
Hurt + Death
Ducks are common passive mobs.
Spawning[edit | edit source]
Natural generation[edit | edit source]
Ducks naturally spawn on grass blocks with 2 blocks of free space above it at light level of 9 or more, and spawn in groups of 2 upon world generation.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Ducks drop 0–2 feathers when killed. The amount of feathers dropped is affected by the Looting enchantment. They drop 1-3 experience when killed by a player or tamed wolf.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Ducks wander around aimlessly, and usually avoid water, though they can swim in it. When falling they will flap their wings quickly and fall slowly, making them immune to fall damage. Despite this, they will still avoid falling off cliffs high enough to cause fall damage.
Ducks are based on the chicken model, but they have a different texture and make different sounds. Ducks can be heard quacking occasionally. Unlike chickens, ducks do not lay eggs.
They share some behaviors with other passive mobs, including chickens:
- They are drawn to light when in a dark environment.
- When hit, they run around quickly and aimlessly.
- They can swim, visibly flapping their wings as they stay on the surface.
If given wheat, ducks will show love hearts, which disappear after less than 20 in-game ticks, but they do not breed.
When swimming, ducks need two blocks of air above their heads or else they will take damage when they float up and will eventually die.
History[edit | edit source]
v6.1.0 DEVR1[edit | edit source]
- Fixed ducks taking fall damage.
'v4.3.0[edit | edit source]
- Ducks now drop feathers.
v4.1.3[edit | edit source]
- Ducks now 'flap' their wings.
v1.6.3[edit | edit source]
- Added ducks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the mod files, ducks have an unused 'plop' sound, which is the sound chickens make when an egg appears.
- Since ducks are the same size as chickens, they are also able to "hide" within hoppers due to their small size, protecting them from lava or water that might be directly on top of the hopper.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Bear • Big Cat • Bird • Bunny • Crab • Dolphin • Elephant (Mammoth)• Fishy • Fox • Goat • Horse • Jellyfish • Kitty • Komodo Dragon • Manta Ray • Manticore • Medium Fish • Ostrich • Raccoon • Scorpion • Shark • Small Fish • Snake • Stingray • Turkey • Turtle • Wyvern